"6 Tips On How I prepare for Photo Shoots"
Preparation is key, it is one of your most dynamic tools towards conducting a successful shoot. I will give you 6 tips on how I prepare!!
1. Draw in Inspiration - Brainstorming is at the foundation of many great projects, this is a process where you allow ideas to flow in. Aside from brainstorming I use tools such as Pinterest and Truck Archive to draw in inspiration. You can always refer to your favorite photographers, peers, and counterparts to assist with ideas and inspiration they have.
2. Compose a Mood/Vision Board- This sets the tone and direction of the shoot.
3. Treatment- Create a story with your work, people love stories!! For example, I reference one of my most recent projects “Shards of Glass” I created this project in attempt to merge my art and photography, for so long I created with the two mediums as separate entities "SOG" was my attempt to not only share my story and process but to unify my work.
4. Knowing the Tools - Do you have an idea of the tools you are going to use to create your work? Camera gear, lighting, background, location etc...
5. Create a Desired Outcome- Envision the end result. Anticipate how you want your work to look when it's all done, this will yield great results and keep you from creating aimlessly.
6. Have Clear Communication- Establish clear communication between your team, stylus, designer, makeup artist, and models. You want to discuss details regarding to scheduling, time management, budget if any, release forms, looks, and publication etc.
Shards of Glass Vision Board Via Pinterest